Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's the name of the game?

The first question I pulled out of my magical jar was "Do you have a middle name? If so, who were you named after and what does it represent?" Well I do have a middle name, but I also have a first name which has a meaning so I will answer it for ALL my names! First off, my middle name is Rachel, it's simple yet elegant. Why was Rachel chosen as my middle name? Well if I remember correctly my parents used to teach a primary class and there was a girl in the class who was adorable, my parents adored her. And I'm pretty sure that's where Rachel comes from. I like the reason for my first name though so that's why I'll tell it. My mom was always reading us books as kids (Guess that's why we're so smart, eh?) and  my older sister Jess loved reading the book series "Madeline" by Ludwig Bemelmans so my parents took the non-french(?) version of the name and kept it for me. Okay so it's not the COOLEST reason for names, but they suffice. Also I feel like I have a special connection with the Madeline books. An educated woman always has a connection to books. Here's a picture for reference.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember that! :) Yep, I'm reading all your posts now that I know you have a blog. hehe

    ReplyDelete